Safety

Polyvinyl alcohol and Borax are both slightly hazardous in case of eye and skin contact. If polyvinyl alcohol and Borax make skin contact, wash with soap and water. If either chemical makes eye contact, flush eyes with water for about 15 minutes. Make sure the children avoid ingestion of polyvinyl alcohol, Borax, and slime. After the activity, have the children wash their hands with soap and water. Avoid getting any of the materials on cloths as they may stain. To dispose of the slime, throw away in a waste container. Borax is toxic to animals so keep the slime away from pets.

Reference Materials:

http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9927396

http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9924967