Safety

Dry ice should be handled with care. Do not touch it directly. Do not leave children unattended with dry ice. Prolonged contact with dry ice can cause something similar to a burn. This activity uses food grade reagents and it is safe to drink the Rainbow Juice. Citric acid and baking soda can irritate the eyes if it gets in them.  Flush eyes with water if they get some of the powder in their eyes.

Make sure that any chip of dry ice or chunk of ice is removed from the container before being given to the children!