Prep should be done a day before
Prep: (At this point, gloves are recommended since the substances are still concentrated)
- The day before both solutions A and B should be prepared.
- Solution A is made by mixing the Carbomer 940 with the water using a stir bar and spatula.
- Solution B is made by mixing the Triethanolamine with the water.
- The student will be provided with a sample cup and popsicle stick for stirring.
- 1 teaspoon of solution A will be placed in students sample cup.
- 1 drop of solution B is then added
- The student will then stir the solution until gel consistency is achieved.
- Students are able to style their hair and add color using colored hair spray.